According to Alexander Lowen, the signs of aliveness are manifested in the body and include:
- Good posture and alignment: When we are alive and vital, we tend to stand up straight and move with ease and grace.
- Relaxation: When we are alive and relaxed, we are able to let go of tension and stress, and we feel at ease in our bodies.
- Breath: When we are alive, our breath tends to be full and deep, and we are able to easily take in oxygen and release carbon dioxide.
- Energy: When we are alive, we tend to have a sense of vitality and energy, and we feel motivated and engaged in life.
- Emotion: When we are alive, we tend to feel a full range of emotions, and we are able to express them in a healthy and authentic way.
- Pleasure: When we are alive, we tend to experience pleasure in our daily lives, whether it is through our senses, our relationships, or our work.
- Creativity: When we are alive, we tend to be creative and open to new ideas and experiences.
- Connection: When we are alive, we tend to feel connected to ourselves, to others, and to the world around us.
These are just a few of the signs of aliveness as described by Alexander Lowen. In his work, he emphasized the importance of cultivating aliveness in order to live a healthy, fulfilling life.